In 1949, William R. Crowley opened his shop in Peoria and began a service-oriented plumbing business. Thomas J. Smith, a nephew to William R. and his wife Alma Crowley, began working for them shortly after high school. In 1972 after 3 years of managing the business for the Crowleys, Thomas J. Smith purchased and renamed the company to Tom Smith Plumbing Co.
Tom's first two sons, Tim and Tom, followed his footsteps and, after they graduated high school entered trade school to join the company. Then in 1995, Tim and Tom purchased the plumbing business from their father. Since that time they have continued to serve the Peoria area residences and businesses with a full, well rounded office staff and skilled, licensed plumbers. Now located in Peoria Heights, a more central location to better serve their customers.